Victor International and Yacht Club Costa Smeralda have recently announced the completion of the Yacht Club Costa Smeralda Virgin Gorda clubhouse. The clubhouse was the final element to be unveiled at YCCS Virgin Gorda, signifying the official debut of the new yacht club and marina. Setting an unprecedented standard in the BVI with the highest level of services and amenities, YCCS Virgin Gorda is the ideal base for cruising the Caribbean.
For more than 40 years, YCCS has been one of the leading yacht clubs in the Mediterranean with its homebase in Porto Cervo, Sardinia. The new YCCS Virgin Gorda enables the international sailing and yachting community to enjoy YCCS’ legendary expertise in the organization of top-level international sailing events and exclusive hospitality services in the British Virgin Islands.The Marina offers superior amenities and services. Located in the pristine and protected waters of North Sound, Virgin Gorda, it has 38 slips for yachts up to 100 meters (328 feet) and a draft of up to 9.1 meters (30 feet). The Marina design includes a central T-shaped dock measuring 267 meters (867 feet) that is accessible from both sides. It is well protected from prevailing winds, ocean swells, and is free of surge.The British Virgin Islands are recognized as one of the finest cruising destinations in the No
rthern Hemisphere. The trade winds and predictable weather patterns, dramatic and mountainous island landscapes, protected anchorages, crystal clear waters, white sand beaches and world-class fishing, scuba-diving and snorkeling continually draw yachtsmen to the BVI from around the world.
Designed to Be the Best and Environmentally Conscious
A carefully selected team of professionals have been hired to create the YCCS Marina.
- Applied Technology and Management (ATM), is the premier provider of specialized full-service marina consultancy since 1984 and provides the engineering, planning and consulting services.
- Bellingham Marine, which claims the title of “the world’s most comprehensive marine builder” is providing design and construction services.
- OBM International, a global leader in architectural design and consulting is providing architectural design services.
Highlights of the marina include:
- A naturally deep location capable of handling yachts up to 100 meters (328 feet), with a draft of up to 9.1 meters (30 feet).
- Protection from prevailing winds, ocean swells and surges.
The dock features:
- Total dockage measuring 762 meters (2,500 feet). The design includes a central T-shaped dock, measuring 267 meters (875 feet) that is accessible from both sides.
- An eco-friendly floating dock with .91 meter (36 inches) of freeboard.
- Reliable utility services that exceed industry standards, including:
- High-capacity shore power
- Reverse Osmosis (RO) potable water
- Marine sewage pump-out at every berth
- Wi-Fi Communications
- Fire suppression
Virgin Gorda, British Virgin Islands
P.O. Box 132
North Sound, Virgin Gorda
British Virgin Islands VG1150
Tel: +1 284 346-2000
Fax: +1 284 494-3557
Coordinates: 18º 29′ 30.40″ N 64º 21′ 31.48″ W